Wednesday, January 29 – Friday, January 31

Mob scene

Wednesday was a reasonably decent workday, though getting to the worksite took much longer than usual (c. 40 minutes as opposed to the usual 10-15) thanks to absurdly heavy traffic.  It had snowed a few inches overnight, and the Long Island Expressway was very slippery with crawling traffic.  Of course traffic always moves at a crawl, but this morning was crawlier than usual.  Now, I did not actually go on the Expressway, however the route I used was getting all sorts of traffic from people who had given up on the Expressway and were trying an alternative. Not such a good alternative after all.

I decided to go to the gym somewhat earlier in the evening than I usually go, around 6:30 or so.  BIG mistake.  I had to park in the furthest reaches of the lot and once I got inside the gym it was a complete mob scene.  Never before have I seen anything approaching this huge crowd.  Needless to say, it put a huge damper on my plans.  Every bench and almost all of the machines were more or less permanently occupied.  Even worse, it was hard to muster up any sort of enthusiasm when faced with this crowding.  After a few minutes I was able to get to the Hammer Strength shoulder press machine, and did 5 x 8 x 100/100.  It was my first upper-body work since my elbow troubles began a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to go okay.  At a loss for finding something else to go, I finally was able to use a triceps extension machine, 4 x 8 x 70.  I really wanted to do some light bench pressing, but there wasn’t a chance at all.  Finally, I just left, after a pretty feeble session.  At least I learned about when not to go.

On Thursday, I went to the worksite located about 15 miles to the east, I had been there last week but had to return to finish up some things.  Driving there was actually a bit hard because my windshield was filthy and I had run out of washer fluid.  I added fluid, unfortunately the discharge nozzles were frozen and nothing came out for several minutes until the ice finally melted.  Once I finally got to the worksite it was an easy enough day, and I was done by 1:30.

For a bit of a change, I decided to go to a 4pm session at the yoga center.  I figured it wouldn’t be too crowded, and I figured wrong.  Of course, a crowded yoga session is no better or worse than an uncrowded one, which is distinctly not the case with gyms.  My session went quite well.  There was a new instructor, who did some different moves, I liked her a lot.

I mostly did some errands during the day on Friday, and in the late afternoon went in for a 5-hour shift at the Major Home Improvement Retailer.  It wasn’t that busy a shift, though I did help out some customers, and was able to get caught up with my online training.

Published in: on February 1, 2014 at 4:21 am  Comments (2)  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

2 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. Hey, just wanted to say “Howdy” and to let you know I’m still around. Someone hiacked my original domain name of texastrifles, so please find me at the new place (which I have woefully neglected)

  2. I was wondering what happened to you, glad you’re still around!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: