Monday, March 3 – Tuesday, March 4

Starting the cycle

Monday marked the beginning of a new 2-week cycle at my main job.  In other words, for the next two weeks I’ll be doing mostly the same tasks at the different worksites in my rotation.  While this keeps things from getting too boring, it does mean that the first workday of the cycle tends to be a longer one, what with the learning curve and all that.  Indeed, I stayed about 45 minutes past my usual ending time as I got used to the new tasks.  While that’s not a huge amount of time, coupled with the worksite’s location near Exit 57 on the Expressway it did mean that I ran into some early rush hour traffic after work.  It wasn’t all that bad, certainly nothing like I’d encountered on a daily basis when I was driving to Connecticut or Westchester in late 2012 and early 2013, but it was enough of a reminder of how bad traffic can be that I didn’t much appreciate it.

On Monday evening I made a trip to the gym for leg work.  No, I didn’t squat, even though I should have.  What kept me from doing such an important exercise was the fear that I’d be too sore for yoga, as had been the case last week.  No way was I going to miss yoga for two weeks in a row.  If avoiding that risk meant doing other exercises rather than squats, so be it.  I ended up using the Cybex leg press that I’d used a lot in the recent past, 5 x 8 x 340.  Next, I wanted to do lying leg curls but the machine was broken, so I used a Hoist moveable-seat machine for 4 x 8 at resistance level 11 of 18 (yes, pathetic, I know).

Tuesday was a double day, one in which I worked at both my main job and at the Major Home Improvement Retailer.  I initially had some worries about being able to make it to the latter job for the 4pm start of my shift.  The fact that the first worksite was off the Sunrise Highway, probably about 20 minutes from the MHIR, was a cause for concern.  It all turned out to be for naught.  Working more quickly because it was the cycle’s second day, I was finished with the first job shortly before my normal 3:30 quitting time, and had no trouble making it to the MHIR.  It turned out that my shift at the latter job was really busy, so by the time the shift ended at 9 I was totally beat.

Published in: on March 7, 2014 at 12:14 am  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: