Monday, July 7 – Wednesday, July 8

Mustering up the energy for yoga

These weren’t the best of days in physical terms.  Lots of aches and pains, my guess is that I had picked up some sort of low-level bug that’s not enough to make me outright sick, but was draining my energy reserves. It didn’t help that work was generally on the tough side on Monday and Tuesday, though Wednesday was somewhat easier.

Monday’s worksite was in a location that is especially annoying due to the almost complete lack of phone service. Apparently Verizon Wireless hasn’t gotten around to building enough cell towers in the area, notwithstanding the fact that it’s a densely populated suburban area.  What, do they think it’s actually some sort of remote countryside or something? It wasn’t that I had to make much use of my phone, it’s that the constant search for a signal very quickly drained the phone’s battery.  In the space of eight hours it went from a full charge to less than 5%.  Tuesday’s location, about ten miles away, was scarcely any better, but this time I had the foresight to keep the phone turned off most of the time, turning it on every 30 minutes to check for messages or texts.  It came as a relief to spend Wednesday in a location with a strong signal.

Tuesday was the only evening of the three in which I worked at the Major Home Improvement Retailer.  I’m getting only 12 hours this week, though next week will more than make up for that with 24.75 hours.  Given the way I was sort of dragging physically, it’s just as well that I didn’t work that much.  Tuesday evening’s shift was a fairly easy one, not too much heavy lifting or scrambling up ladders.  The one drawback is that there is no break room for the next two weeks, as the store’s non-public areas undergo renovation.  Several desks in the kitchen design area served as a sort of impromptu break room.  Better than nothing, I guess.

On Wednesday evening, I was recovered enough to make it to hot yoga. Aspirin beforehand dealt with the aches and pains I would be experiencing.  The session was crowded, though the room wasn’t quite as hot as usual, possibly in deference to the hot weather we’ve been having.  It wasn’t the usual Wednesday evening instructor, in fact it was my first session with her, and all I can say is that she was tough.  Very tough.  She didn’t even call for any water breaks during the 90-minute session.  Nonetheless, I made it though the session without having to rest, and in fact my balance seemed a bit better than usual.  Not bad at all.

Published in: on July 11, 2014 at 1:12 pm  Comments (4)  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

4 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. Right here is the right website for anyone who wishes to understand this topic.
    You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually will
    need to…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic which has been discussed for
    ages. Excellent stuff, just great!

  2. Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful post. Thanks
    for providing these details.

  3. If some one desires to be updated with newest technologies therefore he
    must be visit this website and be up to date all the time.

  4. I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this
    kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website.
    Studying this info So i’m glad to show that I’ve
    a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed.

    I so much unquestionably will make sure to do not overlook this website and
    give it a glance on a constant basis.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: