Monday, July 14 – Wednesday, July 16

I survived, how?

Monday dawned bright and early with the start of a new two-week cycle at my main job.  More precisely, a horrible two-week cycle.  I don’t know why things were scheduled this way, but about a month’s worth of work has been packed into these two weeks.  Monday’s worksite was close by, but that’s the beginning and the end of the good news.  I stayed two hours longer than usual, which may not seem too bad, except that it was almost nonstop work for over nine hours.  All I could manage were a couple breaks of about five minutes each.  Fortunately I did not have any work in the evening at the Major Home Improvement Retailer.

Tuesday’s worksite is one that’s usually pretty easy.  Thing is, “usually” is not the same as “always.”  It wasn’t quite as tough a day as Monday, in the sense that I stayed 90 minutes longer than usual instead of two hours.  Once again, hardly any breaks.  The downside is that I had to work the 8 to midnight shift at the MHIR, and naturally enough it was not an easy shift.  There was a big delivery of freight for the garden department, and with several people working it took the full four hours to get it all packed out.  I actually had been scheduled to spend the first two hours of the shift on plant watering, but thanks to torrential downpours Mother Nature took care of that task for me.  Thanks, mom.

Wednesday marked further improvement at my main job.  When I arrived at the worksite and saw how much had to be done, I was expecting catastrophe.  Thankfully, it went okay, and I stayed only slightly longer than usual.  Extra help and the experience from doing the same work the prior two days were what made the difference.  I was so beat out from the late night on Tuesday that I don’t know how I would have coped had things not gone so well.  What was not so good is that I had yet another MHIR shift from 8 to midnight.  This one was as hectic as the previous evening’s, and due to some late-arriving customers I never did get my 10 to 10:15 break.  By the time I left I could barely stand upright.

Published in: on July 18, 2014 at 12:03 am  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: